Registration Form (pdf)
2012 OFFICIAL RESULTS
TOP 6 IN EACH CATEGORY
BAR WEEKS - PRESIDENT, NEW ENGLAND APPLE ASSOCIATION
RUSSELL POWELL - AUTHOR "AMERICA'S APPLE", NE APPLE ASSOC.
RICK LEBLANC - DIR OF MKTG, MA DEPT. OF AGRICULTURAL RESOURCES
JUAN SEBASTIAN - CHEF, PUERTO VALLARTA & RED APPLE FARM
BURT GENDRON - "UNCLE BURT, PIE TASTER"
RICK PATRICK - WACHUSETT SKI SCHOOL, ASSISTANT DIRECTOR
PIE REGISTRATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED UNTIL 11AM SATURDAY. PLEASE BRING YOUR PIE, APPLICATION AND RECIPE WITH YOU TO REGISTRATION AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK.
Back in it's 3rd year, the Great New England Apple Pie Contest has grown substantially over the past two years. With more than 35 entries last year, the number of unique pies and delicious concoctions continues to surprise!
The professional division has been eliminated this year, allowing the contest to thrive with amateur bakers. We have also eliminated the "other" category in an effort to keep all pies to some form of apple. All entries will still receive 4 complimentary AppleFest admission tickets and there are excellent prizes for the winning pies!
Bring your pie to the customer service desk by 11am on Saturday, October 20th to receive your admission tickets. There will be a tent on the grounds near the main food/beer tent where you can check in your pies and receive your entry number.
Judging this year begins at 1pm to provide ample time for judges to taste all the pies and for score to be tallied before the end of AppleFest.
- Get your recipe published on numerous websites, including newenglandapples.com, wachusett.com, telegram.com, redapplefarm.com and hannaford.com
- Enjoy one year of FREE monthly outings for 2 people! Includes tickets to Wachusett Mountain Ski Area, Davis Farmland, Red Apple Farm and more!
- Hannaford Gift Cards
- Bragging rights to claim your pie is the Best in New England
- Amateur-only division
- Two pie categories: Apple Only and Apple and Other
- Criteria include: appearance, presentation, crust, texture and flavor!
- Celebrity judges will be on hand including chefs, authors and local representatives
- Judging will be at 1pm with prizes immediately following
Don't forget all the FUN at APPLEFEST all weekend long!!!