17th Annual Firefighter's Ski Muster
Wednesday, February 13, 2013
Wachusett Mountain is pleased to once again host the 17th Annual Firefighters Ski Muster to benefit the Muscular Dystrophy Association. The event runs from 9:00am - 2:00pm and viewing is open to the public. The Muster will begin immediately following registration.
Firefighter-composed teams of 5 individuals dressed in full response gear will turn up the heat in the following events:
- The Midnight Alarm - Teams start with their helmets, coats, gloves, poles & skis on the ground in front of them. At the signal, teams must throw on their gear and race down the slalom course individually.
- The Modified Slalom - While holding a 50ft fire hose, teams will race against the clock to see who can "muster" up the fastest time. All team members must remain holding the hose for the entire length of the course. *Teams must bring their own hose*
- Individual Timed Slalom Race - At the conclusion of the team races, an individual timed race will be held for interested firefighters. Participants must be members of a participating team. What's at stake? The crown of "King / Queen of the Mountain"
Prizes will be awarded for:
- Top Fundraising Team
- Top Fundraising Individual
- 1st, 2nd, & 3rd Place Teams
- $500 per team (minimum)
- $100 per individual (minimum)
*ALL are encouraged to raise more funds!
**Entry includes: Lift Tickets, Event T-Shirts, Discount Guest Coupon, Racing Bibs & Two Gate Times
For more information about MDA or to sign up for the Muster, call 508-898-3375 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you need overnight accomodations? Call the Wachusett Village Inn at 978-874-2000 and ask about the MDA Rate.