2013 Kids' Safety Poster Contest
Together with the National Ski Areas Association (NSAA), Wachusett Mountain is offering a Kids' Safety Poster Contest in conjunction with skier and rider safety awareness week, taking place January 19-27.
Mission: To promote slope safety awareness and education to elementary school children, support classroom curriculum relarted to sports, health and safety, and to give kids a chance to have fun and be creative while learning about slope safety.
Contest Description: The contest targets fourth, fifth, and sixth graders, but any elementary-age child can participate. Students are asked to create a poster related to any one of the seven points of the "Your Responsibility Code" or any of the SMART STYLE Elements.
Create a Poster @ Wachusett: There will be a Safety Week Display set up in the base lodge with posters, responsibility code cards and more from 11am-1pm on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, January 19-21. Come visit and show us your artistic skills!
Thank you to everyone who participated!
Congratulations to our 2013 WINNERS!
2013 Wachusett Mountain Poster Winners
Best Overall Safety Message
Most Creative Design
Rules for Poster Design:
- Students must create a poster based on one or more of the seven elements of "Your Responsibility Code" or SMART STYLE Elements.
- Use an official entry form (limited availability at Wachusett) or an 8.5" x 11" or 11" x 17" sheet of paper to create your design.
- Use pencil, crayon, paint or markers ot create the design - no 3D objects like macaroni.
- Entry forms must be submitted either by mail to: Safety Poster Contest, Wachusett Mountain, 499 Mountain Road, Princeton, MA 01541 or handed in to Customer Service at Wachusett by February 22nd, 2013.
- The winning posters will be forwarded to the National Competition through NSAA.
- Best Overall Safety Message: $25 COW Card
- Most Creative Design: $25 COW Card
Thanks for taking part, have fun and STAY SAFE!