Instructor Training Course
EARN MONEY WHILE SKIING OR RIDING!
You can if you're a Wachusett Mountain Instructor!
Wachusett Mountain offers an Instructor Training Course for those interested in becoming a ski or snowboard instructor or experienced instructors interested in joining our team. Open to men, women, and junior skiers and riders. Juniors must be 14 years old by November 1, 2012.
Be part of the exciting snowsports industry!
• Join one of New England's most successful instructor training programs. Our Instructor Training Course (ITC) starts with Orientation Day from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sunday, November 11, 2012 and continues each weekend thru mid-December. Attend as many sessions as you can. This is not a national ski or snowboard association certification course but it is a necessary first step if that’s your goal.
• You will face rewarding challenges and make new friends as you improve your skills and progress from skier/rider to Instructor. We teach the American Teaching System of the Professional Ski and Snowboard Associations of America. Orientation consists of talks, demonstrations and videos of the American Teaching System. Certified course conductors will be on hand to discuss procedures, class handling, training preparations and general information.
• Once we have snow, training continues every Saturday and Sunday from 9 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. We will evaluate you in mid-December. Until that time, your course ID badge will admit you to all training sessions and also serve as an Unlimited Season Pass until evaluation day. The value of this course is more than $800. This is one of the best training values available.
2012-2013 ITC Brochure/Registration
• Adult Instructor applicants - $169
• Children's Instructor, available weekdays, 18+ - $99
• Full Time, College, Military - $99
• Teens 14-18 and Seniors 65+ - $99
• Experienced Instructors without certification - $49
• Current Levels 1, 2 or 3 PSIA/AASI – No Charge
• National Ski and SB Association's teaching manual, optional $25
NOTE: after November 1st add $20 to your course fee
Please call or e-mail Don at 978-464-2300 Ext. 3301 or Sue at Ext. 3302. Be sure to include your name, address, phone, age and tell us if you’re a skier or snowboarder. Proper I.D. required for age and eligibility verification.