Terrain Park Supervisor
This position typically starts November 1st and runs until April. Exceptions may be may be made if the candidate has other skills that could be helpful in the summer months. The mission of the Wachusett Mountain Alpine Park is to create and maintain several fun, exciting, high quality terrain parks using best practices and catering to our varied clientele. The Terrain Park Supervisor provides guidance and vision in the creation and maintenance of the terrain park. This individual will be responsible for designing and building the terrain park, hiring of terrain park staff and coordinating with the mountain operations staff for the grooming of the terrain park.
- Design the Terrain Park, including layout and features (periods after each)
- Oversee Terrain Park Staff, including making hiring, training, and disciplinary decisions
- You or designee ski/ride the park prior to daily opening to assess quality and safety issues
- Mark off and close features as safety issues dictates, and report closing to Ski Patrol/ Director of Mountain Operations
- Take pride in the Park which requires shoveling snow, fixing items that need repair, and performing general maintenance on park features
- Log and document all safety issues, changes in park features, and feature openings/closings
- Patrol the park, encouraging proper park use and continuing the positive park culture that we have. This may mean addressing unsafe practices with users
- Injury prevention is a priority, but we may need to assist injured park guests, and call ski patrol if needed
Customer Service Expectations: The Terrain Park Supervisor has regular customer interactions with visitors and users of the park, and must be helpful, friendly, courteous and professional in accordance with Wachusett’ s commitment to providing superior customer service. Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- 2-3 years’ experience in Terrain Park design and/or maintenance
- Must either snowboard or ski with advanced ability. Riding requirements: must be able to ride all of the features in the terrain park
- Strong leadership and team building skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Flexible schedule required during peak times throughout the year
- Ability to work harmoniously and diplomatically with a variety of people including the public
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- Snow shaping skills
- Knowledge of terrain park components and proper terrain park etiquette
- Solid supervisory skills
Physical and Mental Demands: This position works primarily outside, and requires prolonged periods of skiing/riding and labor-intensive maintenance work in all weather conditions and on slippery and/or uneven snow or icy surfaces. This job may require lifting up to 50 lbs., pushing/pulling snow with rakes and shovels, and using power tools.
Work Environment: This position involves working outside in a beautiful setting, you will encounter all weather conditions, including extreme cold, snow, wind and rain, on varied snow surfaces, and requires being on your feet for the majority of the scheduled shift. Some desk work, such as staff scheduling, is performed indoors in a climate controlled office environment.