RIDE THE RAILS TO THE TRAILS
Wachusett Mountain is already considered the most accessible ski area in the eastern USA, according to SKI Magazine. Now getting here from Boston is even easier!
In conjunction with the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA), skiers and snowboarders from Boston can take the commuter rail from Boston’s North Station to Fitchburg, MA on weekends throughout ski season.
- Departs North Station: 8:35 a.m.
- Arrives in Fitchburg: 10:08 a.m.
- Shuttle directly to the mountain, approximately 20 minutes away.
- Depart Wachusett: 4:45 p.m. back to the Fitchburg
- Depart Fitchburg back to Boston: 5:35 p.m.
- Runs Saturday and Sunday through March
- Train includes a designated “ski” car for easy storage of ski/snowboard equipment.
- "Ski Train” fare - $10.50 one-way (subject to change)