Congratulations to our 2013 Winners!
See 2013 Full Results HERE!
Apple Only Pie Category
1st Place Entrant # 30
Lori Meiners - Gardner, MA
2nd Place Entrant # 20
Tina Starner - Haverhill, MA
3rd Place Entrant # 9
Cyndi Beattie - Westbrook, CT 06498
Apple & Other Pie Category
1st Place Entrant # 108
Anita Mochi - Winthrop, MA
2nd Place Entrant # 103
Alyssa Christianson - Ashburnham, MA
3rd Place Entrant # 105
Rebecca Bonicelli - Quincy, MA
See PHOTOS from 2013, provided by WSRS!
Back in it's 4th year, the Great New England Apple Pie Contest has grown substantially over the past two years. With more than 70 entries last year, the number of unique pies and delicious concoctions continues to surprise!
PLEASE BRING YOUR PIE, APPLICATION AND RECIPE WITH YOU TO REGISTRATION AT THE CUSTOMER SERVICE DESK (YOU MUST INCLUDE A RECIPE WITH YOUR PIE AND APPLICATION) by 10:30am on Saturday, October 19th to register your pie and receive your admission tickets. You will then be directed on where to take your pie.
All entries will receive 2 complimentary AppleFest admission tickets and there are excellent prizes for the winning pies!
Judging this year begins at 11am to provide ample time for judges to taste all the pies and for scores to be tallied quickly.
- Get your recipe published on numerous websites, including newenglandapples.com, wachusett.com, redapplefarm.com and hannaford.com
- Enjoy one year of FREE monthly outings for 2 people! Includes tickets to Wachusett Mountain Ski Area, Davis Farmland, Red Apple Farm and more!
- Hannaford Gift Cards
- Bragging rights to claim your pie is the Best in New England
- Amateur-only division
- Two pie categories: Apple Only and Apple and Other
- Criteria include: appearance, presentation, crust, texture and flavor!
- Celebrity judges will be on hand including chefs, authors and local representatives
- Judging will be at 11am with prizes immediately following
Don't forget all the FUN at APPLEFEST all weekend long!!!
BAR WEEKS - PRESIDENT, NEW ENGLAND APPLE ASSOCIATION
RUSSELL POWELL - AUTHOR "AMERICA'S APPLE", NE APPLE ASSOC.
RICK LEBLANC - DIR OF MKTG, MA DEPT. OF AGRICULTURAL RESOURCES
JUAN SEBASTIAN - CHEF, PUERTO VALLARTA & RED APPLE FARM
BURT GENDRON - "UNCLE BURT, PIE TASTER"
RICK PATRICK - WACHUSETT SKI SCHOOL, ASSISTANT DIRECTOR