Take the Rails to the Trails from Boston on the Wachusett Ski Train! Wachusett Mountain is already considered the most accessible ski area in the eastern USA, according to SKI Magazine. Now, getting there from Boston is easier than ever!
In conjunction with the Massachusetts Bay Transit Authority (MBTA) and the Massachusetts Bay Commuter Rail Company (MBCR), skiers and snowboarders from Boston can take the commuter rail from Boston’s North Station to nearby Fitchburg, MA on Saturdays and Sundays throughout the ski season.
- The weekend “ski train” service will leave North Station at 8:35 a.m. and arrive at the Fitchburg commuter rail station at 10:06 a.m.
- Wachusett Mountain will pick up skiers and riders and shuttle directly to the mountain, approximately 20 minutes away.
- Wachusett will then shuttle customers at 4:45 p.m. back to the Fitchburg station for a 5:35 p.m. departure back to Boston.
- The season service runs Saturday and Sunday through March 31. Each train includes a designated “ski” car that will allow for easy storage of ski or snowboard equipment.
- "Ski Train” fare - $10.00 one-way (subject to change)
“In this day of high gasoline prices, the ski train provides our Boston-area customers with an incredible option for public transportation to the mountain,” said David Crowley, Wachusett General Manager. “There hasn’t been a transportation option available like this since the era of the gasoline shortages.”
Note: If someone misses the Shuttle Bus to Fitchburg it is not the responsibility of Wachusett Mountain to supply them with an alternative ride. We will assist in calling a cab.